10:41 PM

NaBloPoMo

Yeah, it's National Blog Posting Month (there's a website but I don't feel like linking at the moment.) Maybe I can kick-start this new endeavor of mine.

Speaking of new endeavors, the engagement happened! Steven didn't keep it simple, but it was sweet and, though I got a little stressed out at the time, I was able to laugh about it soon thereafter. I'm thrilled to be starting a new stage of life with my love.

My sister and I went wedding dress shopping yesterday. It's probably premature--we set the wedding date for 1/1/11, so there are 14 months until the big day. It was nice to do some of the "fun" stuff though. All other wedding planning/thought has been aimed at nailing down locations and scoping photographers. I was getting kind of stressed out by it all last week.

Trying on dresses was fun. Not as much fun was looking at the photos later. My goal for the next 14 months is to lose some weight. My self-image was not helped by Halloween... Steven helped me throw together an outfit. I bought a corset when we went to the Renaissance Festival a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have anything to go with it. We pieced together some things from my closet. I wound up being a gypsy to Steven's pirate. The corset is pretty, but I feel like I get squeezed out the top and bottom of it. We went to a house party hosted by one of Steven's friends, and I'm pretty sure I was one of the only girls there not in a mini skirt or sporting some sort of revealing lingerie. Oh well... Steven was happy with how I looked.

He shaved off his pirate beard. It's strange how used to it I became in 2 months. He looks so much younger without it--kind of baby faced. I think he kind of regrets taking it off, too. He went back to the goatee he had before, but was talking already about maybe growing back the larger beard, but keeping it more neatly trimmed (rather than the unruly pirate length.) I hope he's not just doing it for my sake. I don't deal with changes well. I love him, and I love him no matter what kind of facial hair he has, but it was strange to look at a face so suddenly changed.

Things I'm liking today.... just a couple, because I have a headache.


1. Craftgawker has a brother, it is foodgawker. Not a good place to surf when you're hungry!


2. Super lacy, detailed wedding gowns like this one---Allure Couture #8488.

0 comments: